For teachers and school teams
Benefits of UPGLSI for teachers:
- Free sustained professional development
- Support and expertise
- Classroom materials
- Financial support for community-based projects
- Real-world, hands-on activities for your students
- Network of teachers
What do I have to do?
- Contact Abbie Hanson, Upper Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative Program Coordinator, for more information
- Complete a project mini-grant project application (the 2018-2019 school year application is now available)
What is the commitment?
- Attend professional learning opportunities sponsored by UPGLSI and the Northern Michigan University Seaborg Center (scech’s or graduate credit may be available)
- Work along side a community partner(s) to plan and implement a place-based stewardship project with your students, as outlined in the project application
- Share your work and project results with other schools, students, community partners, community leaders, administrators, etc.
- Complete a year end project report