For teachers and school teams
Benefits of UPGLSI for teachers:
- Free sustained professional development
- Support and expertise
- Classroom materials
- Financial support for community-based projects
- Real-world, hands-on activities for your students
- Network of teachers
What do I have to do?
- Get training: Register for our summer workshop held August 5, 2013 – August 9, 2013 “Inspiring Students through Stewardship”
- Contact Jenn Hill for more information
What is the commitment?
- Attend a free 5 day summer workshop sponsored by UPGLSI (scech’s or graduate credit available)
- Attend two Dinner & Dialogues held during the year to provide an opportunity to discuss topics of interest/concern with teachers who are also working through a place-based education project
- Plan and implement a place-based project with your students using our 2015 UPGLSI Application.
- Attend annual youth symposium with select students to share your work with other schools, students, community partners, community leaders, administrators, etc.
- Schedule 1-3 Learning Community Sessions that are designed specifically to meet the needs of the individual teacher and/or school and provide an opportunity to plan the community-based project
- Complete a year end report (coming soon!)