Upper Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative
The Upper Great Lake Stewardship Initiative is committed to helping schools engage students in high quality place-based education and service-learning projects. We provide extensive profession learning, project planning and implementation support, and funding for youth- service learning opportunities.
Since 2014, the Upper GLSI has provided place-based stewardship project funding to students at several central Upper Peninsula schools including the following:
- Aspen Ridge Middle School
- Cherry Creek Elementary School
- Graveraet Intermediate School
- Gwinn Middle/High School
- Marquette Alternative High School
- Marquette Senior High School
- Negaunee Middle School
- North Star Academy
- Powell Township Elementary School
- Sandy Knoll Elementary School
- Superior Central High School
- Teaching Family Homes/MARESA
If you are an educator interested in getting involved with the Upper Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative, please click here.